The EGO data processing chain decodes, processes, formats and performs quality control on glider data and metadata. The decoder performs the following actions for a glider deployment:
- Decode and format the glider deployment data and metadata into an EGO NetCDF time series file
- Apply Real Time Quality Control (RTQC) tests on EGO NetCDF time series file,
- For Slocum gliders, estimate subsurface currents and store them into the EGO file,
- Generate NetCDF profile files from EGO file data and apply specific RTQC tests to them.
The decoder manages Slocum, SeaGlider and SeaExplorer gliders observations.
- It is a Matlab code (see groom_gliders_coriolis_matlab_decoder_*.pdf in decGlider_doc\decoder_user_manual folder)
- A compiled version is available that does not require Matlab licence (see readme.txt in decGlider_soft\soft_compiled folder)