Copy this text
EGO gliders data processing chain
The EGO data processing chain decodes, processes, formats and performs quality control on glider data and metadata. The decoder performs the following actions for a glider deployment:
- Decode and format the glider deployment data and metadata into an EGO NetCDF time series file
- Apply Real Time Quality Control (RTQC) tests on EGO NetCDF time series file,
- For Slocum gliders, estimate subsurface currents and store them into the EGO file,
- Generate NetCDF profile files from EGO file data and apply specific RTQC tests to them.
The decoder manages Slocum, SeaGlider and SeaExplorer gliders observations.
- It is a Matlab code (see groom_gliders_coriolis_matlab_decoder_*.pdf in decGlider_doc\decoder_user_manual folder)
- A compiled version is available that does not require Matlab licence (see readme.txt in decGlider_soft\soft_compiled folder)
Administration and dimensions