Copy this text
Marinet2 - Datasets from the "Round robin" testing program on a floating wind turbine
These datasets contain the measurements collected on the same model of floating wind turbine across four facilities during the Marinet2 Round Robin Testing Program. The involved infrastructures are University College Cork, Strathclyde University, Ifremer and Centrale Nantes. The datasets consist of :
- the decay tests
- the regular and irregular wave calibration tests without model
- the model tests in regular and irregular waves, with various wind conditions combined with irregular waves.
The data is delivered in a compressed file which includes :
- An excel file with the description of test conditions for each test, the channel lists and the list of exported variables for each test.
- A pdf file describing the model, moorings and wave gauges locations in the basin.
- Sensors datasheets and calibration documents
- A NetCDF file for each test containing :
- Array variables corresponding to the measurement channels. These array variables are named with the measurement channel names and have a variable attribute corresponding to their physical unit. For wave gauges, additional variable attributes are set for X and Y location in the wave tank.
- Global attributes to describe the wave conditions, the infrastructure references, the basin dimensions… They are listed in the excel file.
48.36222N, 48.36222S, -4.56362E, -4.56362W
47.249N, 47.249S, -1.549E, -1.549W
55.92301N, 55.92301S, -3.179057E, -3.179057W
51.833807N, 51.833807S, -8.303291E, -8.303291W
Motions : Video Tracking from Qualisys (provided by each facility)
Wave gauges : Resistive wave gauges (provided by each facility)
Mooring sensors : TEI-EFE 5070B - 10 daN included with model
How to cite
(2021). Marinet2 - Datasets from the "Round robin" testing program on a floating wind turbine. SEANOE. https://doi.org/10.17882/83063
In addition to properly cite this dataset, it would be appreciated that the following work(s) be cited too, when using this dataset in a publication :
(2021). Round Robin Laboratory Testing of a Scaled 10 MW Floating Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine. Journal Of Marine Science And Engineering. 9 (9). 988 (25p.). https://doi.org/10.3390/jmse9090988, https://archimer.ifremer.fr/doc/00722/83393/